Qualifying criteria

All foreign exchange transactions are subjected to:

  • the requirements of the Financial Intelligent Centre Act (FICA) ; and
  • exchange control regulations that say you should not exceed your annual allowance. If you live in any of the common monetary countries (South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland) countries, you can only buy foreign exchange in the country you live in.

  If used as travel allowance, you will need to provide:

  • a valid ticked to a foreign destination;
  • a valid passport ; and
  • car registration details. If you are travelling by road to outside of the common monetary countries.

What do I need to bring?

You need bring your identity documents and the relevant exchange control documents.

If you have do not have a transaction account at Standard Bank, you will also be required to bring proof of your residential address, which may be in the form of a utility bill that is not older than three months.

Login or Register

Select your online banking platform

Standard Bank App

Help me decide